1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tthomass, Oct 18, 2007.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

In need of a front tine tiller. I have a big rear tine and yeah its nice if you don't hit rocks that get jammed in there and annoy hte h*ll out of me. Yeah, don't like that.

I want a front tine so I can tear down piles and also kick out rocks vs jamming every 10'.

Merri Tiller is the popular one but come on, $900 for a tiller is ridiculous. Who else makes them and at a reasonable price? Lowe's, Home Depot and Sears had nothing that struck my fancy. About to go home a take the 2 stroke that is probably 20 years old off the farm and use it. 99% like the Merri Tiller but no $900.....and with inflation ont anywhere close.

So, who makes one?
  2. B. L. Landscaping

B. L. Landscaping LawnSite Member

We rented a merri tiller one time biggest p.o.s. ever would never get one. We use a troy built rear tine only.
  3. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry it's off topic but, your rig was looking good in the October 07 Turf magazine. Makes me want to get UF put on my truck somewhere.
  4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

I'm trying to get info on the magazine but not really getting anywhere. Send some messages but haven't heard back. At least like a copy. Thing is, I'm not for sure who the company is......I assume they own the company that makes my system.