Tilling - have you ever you thought about that?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cutter, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

I live in a rather country type area and have been trying to advertise garden tilling as an early spring service to get off to a good start. Haven't had many takers but I guess that is because not many people actually have time to tend to a garden anymore but I hate to just see my tiller sitting there.

Have any of you ever tried this or anything like it?

2. B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc LawnSite Member

I provide that service also. I do a few gardens but the majority of mine are the people who want their lawn tilled up and either re-sown or sodded.

3. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

sell the tiller to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. mownredneck

mownredneck LawnSite Member

There are a few people around here that offer tilling, don't know how they fair though.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I do tilling once in a while to customers that have ripped up their landscapes, or want to plant some grass. I probably break out the tiller maybe 3 to 4 times a year, if I am lucky.

6. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

Too much tilling is a hard way to make a living and will age you prematurely. Look for more riding jobs.

7. protouchlawn

protouchlawn LawnSite Member

We offer it in early Spring. Some years it is pretty good and other years it is almost nonexistent. I think most people end up realizing that they need to own a tiller if they are serious about gardening and they just go ahead and buy one.