Tilt bed trailer price

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by buzzyng, Apr 26, 2008.

1. buzzyng

buzzyng LawnSite Member
    from OR

Wanted to see if others thought this was a good price:

Tilt bed trailer, 4' stationary, 16' tilt bed, 14k GVW. Hyrdraulic lock. brand new $5600

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

It's a steal, my tilt trailer for equipment new here is $7000 with tax.

3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That is cheap :canadaflag:

If your in the market for a trailer buy one now the price of steel is getting higher. The steel suppliers I deal with say its going up fast.

4. buzzyng

buzzyng LawnSite Member
    from OR

The guy told me if I don't get it (and it sales to someone else) and I order another, it will cost 5% more. The other option would be to buy a normal flatbed (22" inch above ground) that is about $1300 cheaper. Not sure if the tilt (which is nice) is worth the extra $$. Your thoughts?

5. kklick

kklick LawnSite Member
    from ohio

i'd say its a pretty fair price. Looked at one friday along the road. Looked brand new but i'm not certain. same specs as you mentioned for 4500.00

I was looking at a kauffman in one of the equipment mags and i could pick up a brand new 14,000 20' for about 3800.00. Might be worth checking out.

http://www.kaufmantrailersales.com/tiltdeck.htm

6. buzzyng

buzzyng LawnSite Member
    from OR

Here's the difference with the Kaufman:

Kaufman standard config vs the one I'm loooking at
    price - $3800 vs $5100
    jack - 7k vs 10k
    tires - 15" vs 16"
    paint - acryllic enamel vs powder coated
    deck - steel vs treated wood

Plus, I'm not sure if there are any Kaufman dealers in the WA.

I'm still on the fence about a normal flated for $1300 less than the tiltbed.

7. kklick

kklick LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I guess it depends on what and how often you are loading and unloading. The tilt be would sure make for easy on and off though.

I was looking at them because i bought a small skid steer. (asv rc-30) I really couldn't convince myself to buy one after i found the trailer i bought. I was really looking for a way to haul other materials with me while pulling the asv. Here is a pic of the trailer i picked up.

[​IMG]

8. buzzyng

buzzyng LawnSite Member
    from OR

Will use it for the dingo and when we rent skid/mini ex. We are currently looking at purchasing a mini ex if the numbers work out. So, wont be using it ALL the time but sometimes the extra costs for convenience sake are worth it. Not sure

Like the trailer ... what is 'box' in the back of the trailer.

9. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I have a tilt trailer and love it, not having to mess with the ramps. That price dosen't seem to bad. I always thought with the tilts they have a lower load angle also.

10. kklick

kklick LawnSite Member
    from ohio

It is actually a 6' x 7' dump bed built onto the back of the trailer. I modified the trailer a bit and can now drive my rc-30 right up the side of the trailer and park it right in front of the dump section. I can haul some gravel dirt or what ever else i need and still be able to haul my skid steer. I do alot of decks that require plastic and gravel to be put down under the deck. I can haul enough gravel for most any job i've come across. Sure beats a wheelbarrow.

As far as your tilt dilema if i had the funds now i'd definitely pick up the tilt bed. Nothing easier than pulling the pins and driving right up. Probably would really make it easy with the mini ex.