Tilt-tatch

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by klaar, Apr 24, 2005.

1. klaar

klaar LawnSite Member

I am unfamiliar with this attachment from Bobcat, but I am very interested in it. Has anyone used it, and if so, in combination with what other attachments, and on what type of loader?

2. TerraFirma Excavating

TerraFirma Excavating LawnSite Member

Sorry, I haven't used a Tilt-Tatch before.* I did look at one for using with a bucket to cut grade or ditches.* I don't remember the exact price, but though it was about $2,500.* It also weighs 320#, so I would lose that much lifting capability.* Also moves the load*forward an additional 4.3” and the resulting leverage with further reduce the lifting capability.* Like I said, I don't have any experience with it, but did find these facts while I was researching purchasing one.* Hopefully someone else will have good comments on it.* What do you plan on using it for?

I checked Bobcat's website and they state that the Tilt-Tatch will fit the S130 - S250 and the T180 & T190. May be out of luck if you have the S300/T300.

3. klaar

klaar LawnSite Member

I was hoping to attach it to a CAT 247B, to use in combination with a multi-purpose bucket. Today I was told that CAT actually makes a similar tilting attachment; I've yet to check CAT's site for it.

I plan to use it for:

4. klaar

klaar LawnSite Member

I was hoping to attach it to a CAT 247B, to use in combination with a multi-purpose bucket. Today I was told that CAT actually makes a similar tilting attachment; I've yet to check CAT's site for it.

I plan to use it to:
    1. Cut a level walking path into a 10 degree side slope (a specific job).
    2. Improve general grading work (cutting swales, etc).
    3. Cut shallow trenches.
    4. Keep the bucket level while traversing side slopes.
    5. Move partial loads to one side of the bucket, in situations where the load is to be dumped into a small or narrow area.

I'm sure there are other advantages, as well as disadvantages besides the ones you mentioned, Terra Firma. I am willing to bet that the disadvantages will be outweighed.

Does a six-way blade tilt to 30 degrees? If so, it would seem that one could achieve a tilt of 45 degrees when using the six-way with the tilt attachment.

5. TerraFirma Excavating

TerraFirma Excavating LawnSite Member

The Bobcat 6-way dozer blade pivots 30º as in an angle plow. It is only 15º tilt in the direction you are looking for. I don't believe you could operate a 6-way dozer blade and a Tilt-tach at the same time because they both require hydraulics. I suppose if you were really determined, you could add another electric over hydraulic valve to control the tilt-tach, but you then may run out of switches to control everything.

6. klaar

klaar LawnSite Member

I am not that determined at the present time.

The CAT salesman may have been a little off (on the tilt angle of the dozer blade) or, less likely, I may have misunderstood him.

Thank you for clarifying the limitations of these attachments for me. I am somewhat new to the arena of skid steer and rubber track loaders.

7. Joe Henley

Joe Henley LawnSite Member

I am currently using a Tilt Tatch made by Bradco purchased from my Cat dealer using with Bobcat A300 with bucket, forks, & Eliminator rake. The Tilt Tatch works very good but does reduce your capacity.