Timber bridges

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Lite4, Jan 17, 2009.

1. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

That sounds a lot like what I did years ago. I had a lot of fun. I met a girl and got married and ended up moving away.

2. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

It always amazes me what we give up for our wives and families, but it is totally worth it.

3. LindblomRJ

That is true. And it doesn't feel like I gave up anything. Rather gained much much more. And I still get to do the work I like. The only gripe I have is the location. But even then its not so bad.

4. Lite4

I have never been to South Dakota, but it must be beautiful around the black hills area. I have a friend that moved his family to North Dakota a few years ago. He is a pastor in a church in Fargo or just outside of it. He says it gets insanely cold there, which I can imagine. I grew up in Bozeman Montana. I remember it always being 20 to 40 below zero there in the winter. I think my blood is too thin for those temps now though.

5. Lucky Star Lawn Care

Lucky Star Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

WOW that scenery is beautiful..that bridge is very sharp looking after the stain was applied. Very unique, wish I had scenery like that around me.

6. Lite4

Thank you, I am very fortunate to live in the west. It is very beautiful.

7. LindblomRJ

Around the hills it is beautiful. I say the same about Montana, Wyoming and Idaho. We also have badlands, however the Badlands of North Dakota are prettier, if you will.

Even the prairie has beauty, but I like the hills and mountains. I miss that sort of thing dearly.