Timberins??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scraper69, Mar 10, 2005.

1. scraper69

scraper69 LawnSite Senior Member
    from mi

i want to pull my 20'enc trailer with my pick up this year ; however, it wont take the load of trailer? saggs alot. My mechanic freind said to have the leaf springs beefed up.. i was wondering how timberens would work?? any ideas Thanks

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

get a n older 3/4 ton

3. Aaron Marshall

Aaron Marshall LawnSite Member

I think I would go with the bags that fill up with air.. don't know what they are called... sorry. I am going to purchase some of those for my F350 because I am going to haul material in the bed with a dump insert and pull my trailer. They are a little more costly than Timbrins but much more ajustable. Good luck!
    Aaron

4. scraper69

from mi

Really?? Airbags for suspension. Good idea. BUt looking for a relatively inexpensive fix. The truck is a 92 3500GMC Sierra.4x4 Thanks

5. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

That's exactly what they were made for.

6. scraper69

from mi

So timberens is the way to go... i know it may change the ride. But so would adding leafs. How much do you expect i would pay to have a set installed? thanks

7. Aaron Marshall

Not to take you away from the Timbrins, because they might be good as well, but here is a web page for the air bags I was talking about. http://www.accessconnect.com/air_lift.htm They have two options, and different prices, which they are not too much more than timbrins. You do not have to have the onboard air compressor, all you have to do is fill up at a gas station or if you have an air compressor at home. I guess before you do that though is figure out how much weight you will be pulling and before I was worried about sagging, I would worry about how you are going to stop. If you are too heavy, get a bigger truck! Good luck to you.
    Aaron

8. Aaron Marshall

Now that I look, for your truck, they only offer the heavy duty air bags and it will probably run you about 260.00 bucks or so. I think timbrins are around 100 but i'm not totally sure. Good Luck again.

9. MCYoder

MCYoder LawnSite Member

10. MCYoder

MCYoder LawnSite Member

Timbrens also don't change the ride any... they don't do anything until there is a load in the truck