timbren, ride-rite, or extra leafs for suspension?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by peeklandscaping, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

I added many leaf springs to my 99 250 diesel. 1 on ach front to help with the weight of the plow. 3 in the rear to help level the 24 foot trailer. They're great but my truck is just for work. Without a trailer it rides stiff.....but they don't require any maintenance or filling with air.

2. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I added rear spring to our 2500 HD Chevy. Pulls a 32 ft gooseneck. Made a world of difference. Cheap route to. I installed them and works great. I have had timbers on before but hated the ride and stiffness. Never used air b/f

3. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I have airlift bags in my 2500HD they work great and can be adjusted for different loads

4. trailbuilder

trailbuilder LawnSite Member

I just had Timbrens put on my 2002 F350 dually which has a Henderson ss dump bed on it. It weighs in at 9500 empty. I will let you know how I like them. It has been a great firewood hauler but it sagged to the helpers with 2000 pounds in it.

5. peeklandscaping

peeklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

how those timbrens working for you?
    I looked into the prices; I can get 2 timbrens, installed, for around $200, whereas a ride-rite system is quite a bit more, and that's uninstalled. So, with the price in mind, but also wanting something good, I really don't know yet! Anyone else want to weigh in here? Timbrens versus Ride-rite? Kinda don't like the extra spring idea, as you could feel the bounce when driving light.

6. trailbuilder

trailbuilder LawnSite Member

I am OK with the Timbrens, I am hauling a bit larger loads and not squatting the truck. I am also not breaking leaf springs. I could add the hockey pucks that they come with for a even stiffer load. I do like the simplicity of the Timbrens...no air lines, compressor etc.