1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

timbrens question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Feb 24, 2005.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I know this is the wrong forum but it gets the most views. If i put timbrens on the back of my F-150 would i have to put them on the front also? I mean will it look too "jacked up" in the back?
  2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

What are timbrens?
  3. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I did a quick internet search of timbrens and I found out that they might lift the back a little but not much. I think you will be okay with just the back. If it raises the back up by more than an inch, I would go right ahead and put them on the front as well b/c anything more than an inch will look pretty silly.
  4. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

check out plowsite.com and do a search on timbrens....there's hundreds of posts on them.
  5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

They shouldn't "lift" anything! They are just firmer stops.
  6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Just get a set of air bags or air shocks and call it a day
  7. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Timbrens are VERY easy to install, takes about 5 mins each side. And are pretty cheap compared to air bags or air shocks.
  8. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I have timbrens on the front of my F250. On the front, they fit tight and raised the front end about .5 - 1 inch. I will install a set soon on the back, and from what I've read the rears will still leave a gap, therefore no lift on the back. Extremely simple installation. Worth the money spent in my opinion.
  9. karl klein

karl klein LawnSite Member

timbrens wont raise the truck. if you had a chevy with torsion bars it might raise the front a little but as said before they are simply a larger bump stop.

i agree 110% on the air bags i have them on three trucks and love them great for everything from a bobcat to a boat. but, if you only have a f150 probably not what you need