Timbrens

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BMFD92, Oct 1, 2006.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I am getting a plow for my 2500hd and was thinking of getting a set of timbrens but i was wondering if it would increase the payload or keep the bed of the truck from sagging when i put mulch or topsoil in it. do any of you have timbrens of your truck or know the answer. I need to make due with this truck until i can save up for a bigger dump. I thought if i put a dump insert and timbrens on the truck then maybe it will hold up against a heavier load.

2. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

Is there a problem with it sagging? Springs are supposed to give. My springs are getting worn and I intend to add a leaf or two. If your springs are still pretty good you may be able to get by with tibrens.

3. mak landscape

mak landscape LawnSite Member

i had a 8 foot fisher on my 04 2500hd ext cab and with 8 turns on the torsion bars it sagged less than an inch.

4. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

I run Timbrens on the back of my '05 2500HD with dump insert. The Timbrens come with a spacer that allows you to "preload" them when the truck is empty. I used that spacer, and now the truck sits 1" higher than before when unloaded, about the same as stock height before the 1000 lb. insert was installed. Loaded to 3000 lbs in the bed it squats slightly in the rear and handles very well. The only downside is that the truck rides pretty stiff when it's empty.