1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Time and Material?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by NCL, Feb 14, 2004.

1. NCL

NCL LawnSite Member
    from NJ

How many bags of shrub fertilizer and how long would it take for one guy to fretilize the following: 22-15' ornamental tree's, 141 meduim sized burning bushes and 33-5' white pines. any info would be very helpful. thanks
  2. NCL

NCL LawnSite Member
    from NJ

42 looks and know when can help me with this?
  3. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Are you bidding on the job for a new customer, are does a exsisting customer want you to give them a price, are just do it and bill them?
    How big is the property that the plants are on? Are the plants all in the same bed areas, are will you have to put fert on each plant?

My guess would be to put down a 1lb of slow release Nitrogen per thousand like a lawn, around all the plants, And maybe use tree stake fertilizer sticks on all the trees.

Something like these
  4. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

I would deep root feed thous just chucking fert around doesn't work as good.
  5. NCL

NCL LawnSite Member
    from NJ

its a new commercial account. the property is 73000 sqft and the beds are spread throughout the property in different beds. all shrubs and trees will have to be fertilized. thanks guys.