Time-and-Motion Tables?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Courtesy, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Courtesy

Courtesy LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I've looked and looked, but I can not find any books or info on time and motion tables for the lawncare industry. Can anyone lead me to a good source for either a downloadable table or a book.
  2. Landscape25

Landscape25 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I am guessing you want comparison charts. You should start with timing yourself/crew (if applicable) for different tasks and go from there, if you aren't already. I have just started doing this myself. It really is important although I have yet to account well for drive time and other business related time.
  3. Courtesy

Courtesy LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Yes, that's what I am doing now. But being that I am now expanding into other services, I'm trying to get something "book or download" that will give me estimates of time to complete certain tasks. I understand that timming myself is the best way, but I need some reference points to start with for new bids.
  4. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I don't believe our industry has such an item. I have seen companies devise their own for bidding purposes but never an industry publication. If you want to ask some specific ??? you may get some answers. I know HK from Indiana says he documents everything. I too would be interested.
  5. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a book called the Landscape Data Manual but it is 30 years old, there may be a newer updated printing. Publisher - The California Landscape Contractors Assoc., By - James M. Griffin
  6. Courtesy

Courtesy LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Thank You. I'll give it a look. Working on devising my own times now.