1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

time change

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Charles, Oct 12, 2000.

1. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I be glad when the time changes so I can started earlier. Getting up when its dark and waiting on the dew and frost to go away is a pain. I usually weed eat my first lawn before I mow. Hoping it is a little dryer by then. This transitional period from summer to fall is always a bummer. The commercial stuff i use to do when it was wet has dryed up. I would rather start early and quit early than the other was around. I love daylight savings time in the summer though
  2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't agree more wqith you Charles. Although this year I don't think I once had a day where there was no dew. More often than not this year in the Northeast it was more a problem with everything being wet from the rain! From years past I remember having days when there wasn't dew at all and boy was that nice.
  3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

The problem now is that its not hot enough to evaporate the dew like in the summer. least when they turn the clock back the sun will be an hour higher