1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Time for a new excavator.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by DirtMerchant, Apr 16, 2011.

1. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone still have rent to own deals going?

Short of machines that I'm considering priced high to low

Hitachi, Deere, Link Belt, Case.

I'd love to do Financing, but I don't have a ton of cash for a down payment and workr isn't quite steady yet.

I'm for a 24-30 ton machine. Ideally a 270 would be perfect, but if a dealer is eager to move something...I'm game
  2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

No one does rent to own other than Bobcat, lots of very bad people skipped payments and dealers couldn't repo the units, and since rental agreements are the opposite as buying agreements, the dealership is on the hook for the loss.
    You could do a low monthly payment lease on a new unit, but man going used with financing is not cheap either.
    Shoot me a PM, I know of someone who is looking to sell their 290C Volvo for a good deal.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

oh no not big brothers 290! why doesn't he like it??
  4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Nope not us! Volvo's are awesome, cheap on fuel, they never bust booms like Cat and Hitachi's and their emissions systems are waaaaaay better.
  5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I have a line on a 160 CASE in Washington. I would like to buy it but unless the phone starts ringing for some more foundations my 9020B can sit in the yard as well as a newer machine can. If your interested I will put you in contact with the guy that has it. It has 6K on it with prog thumb and coupler. priced at low to mid 40's.
  6. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Around here rent to own is still done by deere, cat, and volvo.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

Too small for what I do sorry. I won't look into anything smaller then a 200.