1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Time for a new mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrassGator123, Feb 28, 2007.

1. GrassGator123

GrassGator123 LawnSite Member

Well with the new season it's time for me to add a new mower. As of right now I have a 36" Gravely walk behind and the Gravely 34Z. I am at a standstill in yards, because its hard for me to be any more productive. I most likely have a buyer for my walk behind, and am looking at getting a 48-52" mower. For reference, the dealers in my area are gravely,hustler,dixie, and exmark(1st 3 all the same dealer).

I am looking at the new Gravely stander in the 19/52 fixed which is $5899, does that price seem just?? I then have the option of the stander 19/48 floating for $6699 or the 148M with a 21 kawasaki for $6799. For a while I was also looking at the 50" Lazer HP, but forgot the price.

Can I just see all of yalls opinions on these mowers(esp. the new Gravely standers) , so I can make a purchase?

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

The gravely stander is suppose to be the same as another company (I forget who, there was another thread about it though) but people seem to like them and price is pretty good. I asked my local dealer about the same model and it was $6200, sure I could talk to the head boss and get it down a bit. I realize it might be out of your price range but what about the 252? That was a nice machine that rode great and left a great cut. My price here for it was $7200 but I bought the 260 instead. I also saw last week on ebay a dealer had several gravely models on there and the prices were really good.
  3. Mowman16

Mowman16 LawnSite Senior Member

I would give the exmark a closer look, I have an HP 23/52 Kawasaki with over 2k hours and still running strong. The new Triton deck is not bad either:weightlifter: .
  4. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

the gravley stander is the same thing as the new generation standers by great dane just different paint dealer said 52 floating was probably gonna work best for me
  5. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

i agree with mowman i have a lazerZ hp 21 horse 48in deck with 1700 hours and it has been a great machine and still going strong never had a major issue with it, over the other mowers you listed i wouldnt even think twice about paying more for the exmark and your sitting too.
  6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Gravely's standers are built by EverRide as far as I know. I had a look at one today, seemed like a decent unit if that's what you're looking for.