1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Time for a raise!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowtown Mike, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Mowtown Mike

Mowtown Mike LawnSite Member

My employee told me that we need more mowing accounts for next year. I said that we have all we can handle. Then he said 'drop all the tough lawns and get more easy one for more money. Now we can pick and choose our accounts.' I thought that was brilliant. He is a company man.
  2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

getting your customers to pay more for mowing might be problem like it is everywhere else. Lowballers are driving prices so low and customers know this and its making it very hard to make a decent living in this business everywhere. I would instead offer services that the blow and go lowballer doesn't do to make up for the loss in lawn mowing.
  3. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

keep the tough ones if they pay really good. dont forget that the time you spend at one big tough yard you might land (lets just say) 2 yards that you can wow easier and make just as much or more money in that amount of time
  4. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Now that's a good employee!

Go ahead and give him the raise.

5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

what do you mean tough lawns? Dude not to be a wize a-ss you should be makeing MORE MONEY on the tough lawns, I can tell you do not have a business plan. Write a business plan that you can follow and charge accordingly