Time for an OCDC

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brieldo, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Brieldo

Brieldo LawnSite Member

Guys,
    The new EPS28 is gonna get an OCDC but I havent decided which to go with yet. Im leaning toward York the most, but do any of you guys have better suggestions? I'm open to opinions

2. LP

LP LawnSite Member

What:sleeping:

3. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a search for the one BHBoy made for his scag. ;) It's a doosie.

4. Brieldo

Brieldo LawnSite Member

GUys, I want legitimate options, not shitheap OCDC's cobbled together with what I have laying around my "parent's" house.

More opinions please...

5. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

Besides the York I have no experience with anything else, so I don't have any other suggestions.

I have the Director from York on my Lazer and don't know how I could mow without it. Quality construction and serves the purpose really well.

6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Might sound dumb but..................what is an EPS28?

7. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I have seen two that seem to be put together good. The one that you mentioned from York and one from qwikchute.com. I have no experience with either but look to get one this spring.

Homer, I think EPS28 is an eXmark lazer eps with 28 HP fuel injection engine.

8. I'm lost on this or I am up to late what is eps28 and who is the director.Pretty big words for a southern boy on saturday night.I'm headed for the dairy queen .Good night

9. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Okay.......now I gotcha. Need to read up on them mowers a little more to understand the terminology.

10. Brieldo

Brieldo LawnSite Member

Sorry for the confusion. The EPS28 is the new Lazer EPS from eXmark with the new 28 HP EFI engine from Kohller. In talking with guys at eXmark, the tests in lab have shown that this engine is a monster compared to its little brother, the 26EFI. With an extra 3 useable horsepower, we're looking at an engine that's doing near 31HP. Anyway, I think York it is.