Time for my annual liquidation of equipment

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by arninglawns, Feb 21, 2010.

1. arninglawns

arninglawns LawnSite Member

I buy all new equipment every year, so here's your opportunity to buy everything you need to start up or supplement your biz. Everything is less than one year old and still under warranty except for the 32" mower, it s 2.5 years old. It is all well maintained and in good running condition. Exmark Mowers are pickup only near Houston, TX. Echo Handhelds can be shipped.

Here is the link to the ebay auctions:

http://shop.ebay.com/racerntx/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I actually have the 32" on my watch list. I had no ideal you were a member on here.

3. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome, ill keep me eyes on er.....eeerrrr. Hey where u at in texas........i guess i mean which side of texas?

4. AllAmericanlawn

AllAmericanlawn LawnSite Senior Member

How do you make a profit if buy all new equip every year?

5. Greenery

Greenery LawnSite Senior Member

By not charging $20 a lawn.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Probably why there are only 4 things for sale

7. arninglawns

I usually get about half the price of new for my used stuff, so I end up paying 50-60% of the price for new equip. I have almost zero down time, and I don't need an inventory of spares. A crew's worth of equipment runs about $2100 for a 21", weedeater, blower and edger divided by 50%, equals $1050 divided by 40 weeks of mowing is $26 per week for all new stuff. Coincidentally, $26 is what I charge for the average yard, and it takes two guys about 20-30 minutes to do one yard, which is a fraction of the time it would take them to load up and take the broken equipment to the shop, not to mention the actual cost of the repair. I know where you're coming from, I spent the first 20 years of my career trying to keep old stuff running. Once I put pencil to paper and realized what I was spending on repairs, it was a no-brainer.

nepatsfan: There's actually 6 items, and my other stuff was bought by my workers and their friends already. That's one of the benefits I give my guys is first access to buy the used stuff at a discount. I posted my stuff for sale on here, so that someone could get some decent equipment to start a business, not to get criticism about how I run mine.

8. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I guess if you are using all little mowers, you can do that. It was funny that you said "because I dont charge $20 a lawn" but your average is $26. Good luck selling your stuff, as long as your system works for you is all that matters. Do a lot of guys use push mowers professionally in texas. I mean we use them for areas by pools or stuff we cant get to but very rarely do we use 21 inch mowers.

9. arninglawns

I'm not the one that said "...$20 a lawn." Most people use 32's around here, but to me, the 21's do a better job. Most lawns we do are under 5000 square feet of grass. When we use the 32, it results in more blowing and weedeating, negating the time saved mowing. And these aren't "push" mowers, they are self propelled and go 4.1 MPH. They turn around faster, get into tight spots and don't leave huge ruts in my customers' lawns.

10. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

What are you looking to get outta the 21's?