Time for the Mulch!!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Landscraper1, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

Our mulch has just been delivered. Getting ready to start next week. Have any of you started yet?

Here is the Pine Bark Mulch:

DLS Equipment 008.jpg

DLS Equipment 006.jpg

Getting the Finn ready:

DLS Equipment 003.jpg

Checking over the S250:

DLS Equipment 001.jpg

DLS Equipment 008.jpg

DLS Equipment 006.jpg

DLS Equipment 003.jpg

DLS Equipment 001.jpg

2. Tizzy

Tizzy LawnSite Senior Member

havent started mulch yet but currently bidding a 77yd red cedar mulch removal and install. gonna be a BEAR!!!!! everything looks good though

3. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

How do you like using the blower? We have around 300+ yards to put out this year and have heard mixed reviews. We currently spread with two machines and two people raking per machine. Does the blower reduce costs?

4. Landscraper1

I never really made good profits on spreading mulch, until purchasing this Finn. It spreads quickly and looks better than raking. It also reduces the amount of mulch you spread. If a job took 50 yards by rake, we would do it with 42 yards and pocket the 8 yds.

I will warn you that it's an expensive machine. Not worth buying unless you are doing over 1000 yds a year.

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I agree, we tried one at a set of condos and when it ran it was great but ended up spreading about 40 yards by hand. I was quoted around 40k for one a few years ago. Even expensive to rent! We'll do about 300-400 yard this year, started last week.

6. Landscraper1

Price increased by about $5K, now.