1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Time Question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lawnman48, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Lawnman48

Lawnman48 LawnSite Member

First I would like to say this is a awesome website.Ok now to my question,I am looking at starting up a lawn mowing or power washing business part time.I get out of work a 1pm and get home around 1:10 but we live in apartment so I would have to store my trailer and equipment some where else,so there is extra time and money.Weekend work would be rather touch and go.Now the power washing
    business I can keep right in the truck and leave for a job right from work.I know this is a lawn site only.But I need your honest oppion,do I have enough time to mow?Would the extra money to store my equipment drain me,I am just doing this part time?Thank you and I look forward to hearing your oppions.
  2. justmjc

justmjc LawnSite Senior Member

Plenty of time to mow. Land about 4-6 accounts a night and about 10 or so on saturday and soon you'll find yourself quitting your job to make more $ with this.
  3. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

I rent a 10x30 store room to keep the my ztr and w/b in and have plenty of room to store everything. I have built shelves and I even have a small shop built in there to sharpen blades and such. $145/month and 100% tax deductable.

Like justmjc said do it and you'll never look back, good luck.
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

5. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Everyone had to start somewhere. It's up to you how far and how much it grows. If you really want to get something done you'll find the time.