Time sheet?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Soupy, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Does anyone have a simple daily time sheet they can share. I lost some files and need to print one very soon (I suck at making charts). I only need something with Customer name, address, service performed, time in, time out, total time, and maybe notes. I'm looking for a daily sheet and not a per customer sheet. Just something with the above items listed across the top with lines (sections) and enough room to fit around 15 customers. If you have anything similar will you please share.

I just bought a new laser printer to replace one of my old printers and I want to run the ink (full cartridge) out of the old printer before tossing it. I figured I would print next seasons supply.

I tried to search but Lawnsite isn't allowing me to search right now. I read through 35 pages of this forum looking for attachments but had no luck. My attempt at making a new one left me aggravated. My brother made my last copy. But like I said I want to get this printer out of ink and out of sight (already have 2 printers hooked up).

Thanks

2. Coreyb

Coreyb LawnSite Member

i see your in the metro area too. where are you?

Attached Files:

3. Soupy

Thank You, that's what I needed. I'm in Belleville, were you from?

4. Coreyb

Coreyb LawnSite Member

the booming metropolis of Lebanon. just around the corner from you.

5. Soupy

I played around with the time sheet and this is what I came up with. Thanks again for the help.

Attached Files:

6. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

i put my excell route sheet on here. I hope it helps you.

I had to zip the file otherwise it wouldnt let me upload it.

Attached Files:

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Why don't you just use your Gopher program? Or do you need one that you can feel in customer names?

8. Soupy

I need more info then Gopher prints out. Plus, I don't keep my weekly payers in Gopher. I only keep customers that get monthly invoice. Everyone goes in QB though.

Do you know if I can schedule customers without an invoice being generated? I would still like to have one route sheet as the master, then fill this sheet in as jobs are done. This way we can operate off the master and fill in the extra data when the job is done and won't have postponed work cluttering the time sheet that gets filed.

9. Soupy

Here is the customer log I whipped together. The template Coreyb posted got me going on this one as well. It's nothing special, I kept it simple because I needed enough room to fit the important stuff on it. I printed both side so I can flip it when one side gets full. It should get me through the year. I am punching holes in it and putting it in a binder. This will be what I enter off of in Gopher and QB.

So as of now I have the work sheet for easy data entry so we don't have to fumble through individual customer pages. Then at night (while watching some TV and sipping on my favorite beverage) I will transfer the data over to the customer binder for a hard copy of jobs performed.

In the past I only had the hard copy then into Gopher and QB. It sucked having to thumb through pages at every stop. I figure the extra step will take 10 minutes at night, but it will probably save at least that during the day. Just grab the clipboard and it's all right there, why didn't I think of this earlier :dizzy:.

Attached Files:

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have never imported information to QB with Gopher. I do know that you can schedule customers without an invoice being generated. All you have to do, after the work is completed and if you never want the work to be generated into invoice is two things; 1. Just never hit the generate button 2; just delete the jobs in the "completed jobs" tab.