Time Studys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RhettMan, May 22, 2008.

1. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I was just wondering if any of you guys write down time on the jobs. In jim adams "make 300 dollars a day mowing yards" He advises to find out what you make a min. So far my lowest yard pays 21 cents/min. or $12/hr. And my best yard pays 66 cents/min or $46/hr. What are you guys getting?

2. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

I try to average $1.00 a minute.

3. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

yeah thats what Adams says he likes to hit but i still havent touched it, but, i work alone

4. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

raise your prices .Enact a plan to move towards that rate. Pick times to raise a few prices at a time. Fridays are goodbecause people are happy. 90+ degree days are excellent as the customer doesn't want to go back to cutting. Get a plan and work it . Be prepared to loose a few so start looking for their replacements NOW. good luck

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been doing the time sheet thing as well. I record truck milage, time arrived at job, time left, rain or clear, picked up sticks, etc, time on Z, WB, weedwacker, blower, you get the point. I will use this to figure how I can be more efficient, use less fuel and keep my costs down and keep my prices where they should be to remain competetive and profitable. Kind of a PITA at times, but it will pay off.

6. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

i would love to be around a $ 1.00 per minute. around here are all lowballers killing the professional guys! hard to compete with those yo-yo's...

7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, what he said !!

8. Skyking

Skyking LawnSite Member

Same here and looks like it not going to get better

9. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

prices are a regional thing. $300 a day for some sucks, even solo and for others it is a good day. In a saturated market supply of cutters brings down the price. Lower economic areas can only afford so much. pick YOUR numbers and don't let what others would do influence you.

10. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

42-60 an hour nothing below 40. 88 an hour yesterday. It was a scape