1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Time to buy an aerator....HELP!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by HighGrass, Jun 5, 2009.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I have rented aerators in the past. But these days, come September (when I do my aerating) when I go to reserve the machine, it's either booked or broken. SO I was exploring the possibility of buy one. Here are some of the specs I'm looking for.
    -24" wide, or wider
    -walk behind
    -Core type
    -split tines if possible
    -honda motor if possible

The last spec is probably a contradiction for this type of equipment but still, I don't want to spend 4K and then work my arse off the first year trying to get some pay back.

So, any suggestions as to model?
  2. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

Ask you local rental store to purchase one of our aerators. Just show them this video and they should jump on it.

90% of the time they won't even blink and then you can use it anytime you want until you are in the position to purchase one.

So far they have been bullet proof in all rental and LCO abuse testing....making them very, very reliable.

3. mwh350

mwh350 LawnSite Member

Absolutely Hands down buy from Lawn Solutions. I have only watched his video's, but have Run Everything. Classen, Lesco, Ryan, Plugr, Bluebird, Husqvarna, Billy Goat. Absolutetly hands down the Lawn Solutions machine is not messing around. Spend the extra and get the right machine up front. The only thing even close is the Plugr Hydro drive, and It ends up being the same money, and Is less sturdy in my opinion. Keep in mind that I have only watched the video's of the Lawn Solutions machine. However after watching the video I don't believe that anyone else should even be allowed to build anything else.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  4. pylnrcr

pylnrcr LawnSite Member

^^^What he said!^^^
  5. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

So it actually takes the place of an aerator?
  6. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

It IS an aerator! :hammerhead:
  7. EVM

EVM LawnSite Senior Member

Get the aerator from LT Rich.
  8. pylnrcr

pylnrcr LawnSite Member

If you're looking at the Lawn Solutions web site they only have their Renovator on it. The aerator was introduced earlier in the year and I don't think they've had the time to update their site.

Here's a link to a thread that has a video of the aerator:

9. mwh350

mwh350 LawnSite Member

He specifically wanted a walk behind that can get into gates and stuff. The LT Rich is a nice machine, but really only if you are doing a lot of aeration, and in some much more open areas. for all the general stuff you want the lawn solutions. It will still do the Large area's albeit a little slower than the LT Rich. I Still say Lawn Solutions.
  10. Plug It Lawn Aeration

Plug It Lawn Aeration LawnSite Member

Purchase a Lawn Solutions aerator. Bite the bullet and pay 3K for it. It is still cheaper than most other new units. They work wonderfully. You won't regret it.