time to change tl 130 tracks

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by SunriseGardens, Feb 23, 2013.

1. excav8ter

excav8ter LawnSite Member

I believe that I found a phone number on www.tracksandtires.com ....which is also Midwest Equipment. I dealt with a guy named Joe Boggs. The price I paid was for 2 tracks and 2 drive sprockets shipped to my office.

2. hillboy

hillboy LawnSite Member

Well, I haven't been on the forum for a while, but it's again the uneasy time to change Bobcat tracks, so I'm checking around to see any news on reliable track suppliers. Here is how our current McLaren MBL tracks (www.mclarenusa.com) look like after about 1,900 hours. :weightlifter: Still not broken, but I expect soon they will.

MBL on T300 (1).JPG

MBL on T300 (3).JPG

MBL on T300 (5).JPG

3. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

McLaren must be hurting. Mitch keeps calling...says the TDF track for the Tl120 is down to $1700 a set. Used to be in the low 2's last time I checked.

4. SunriseGardens

SunriseGardens LawnSite Member

For 1900 hrs those don't look that bad at all.....

Must have a operator that knows how to run them on pavement.

5. hillboy

hillboy LawnSite Member

Yes, I also noticed rubber track prices have been going down for the last 3-4 years, especially on the low end suppliers on eBay, now you can find really cheap tracks there...almost unbelievably cheap, wondering how long they'll last. But Bridgestone and McLaren have went down as well, so I guess to sell more and be able to compete they had to lower their margins too, which I'm quite happy about, as long as they kept maintaining their good quality. If my next set of track lasts 1,900 hrs, I'll be very happy.

The question I'm still researching is whose tracks will last that long and are reasonably well priced... Once I figure this out, I'll let you know.

Question - we wore out our current McLaren TDF tracks all the way down to where the tops of the sprocket teeth started to touch the ground and started to wear out as well - see the pictures I posted above. Is this normal? Has anyone wore out your tracks that low? :confused:

6. turboawd

turboawd LawnSite Member
    from midwest

i think you may want to rethink that. lol

7. hillboy

hillboy LawnSite Member

think it's time to change sprockets too :wall

8. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

How do the sprockets touch the ground when there on top?

9. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Got to admit that it made me chuckle :laugh:

10. hillboy

hillboy LawnSite Member

Yes, it was so stupid of me suggesting this may be a problem, certainly the sprocket teeth are not touching the ground so there can be no wear due to ground friction... :hammerhead: The sprocket teeth are worn out only on the inside where they grab the track. I think I had one too many beers when I wrote this :drinkup: :laugh:

Anyway, i'm changing both tracks and sprockets. :cry: