time to get serious

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JOE727, May 15, 2007.

1. JOE727

JOE727 LawnSite Member

I have been running my own lawn service for about six months. I've been working with my dad since I was 12yrs old, but never learned anything from it. Since going my own way I have bought my own equipment, a truck and I have been getting counselling from a local small business association. I have 7 clients as of now, 3 full-service, 4 bi-weekly. I will be filing for a tax I.D. this week and I have an appt with my insurance agent for business coverage. All my clients have been word of mouth, but i'm looking to take my advertising to the first level: magnetic signs, trailer signs, business cards, flyers & t-shirts.
  2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

You go Joe........
  3. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

is this is a question or a biography?
  4. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

I read his post, thinking I might could add something to help him....but I couldnt find a question to answer:laugh:
  5. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Come on ... lighten up guys!

Sounds like you are on your way to doing things the right way (unlike many in this business). Do good work ... be fair but make sure you price your work right. So many people think they will be the next McDonalds or Wal*Mart ... but low-balling or pricing yourself too low only brings the cheap customers who eventually turn in the PITA customers.

Good Luck ....