time to get started

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stslawncare, Apr 2, 2001.

1. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

hey everybody!
    ya i know its been ages since ive posted but i am now ready to get back on track. I may be late but it has been cold out and dont think its quite time to start mowing, but definitly want to get to work. fyi last year was a very down year and due to parents divorce lost customers and only did my yard and a few others now and then (by the way i am 15 in case u dont know me) this year i plan to get back to the old ways like 2 years ago when i was doing over 4 yards a week. first question/problem is equipment. my 3 main pieces of equip is mower, blower, and weedwacker. all craftsman and all residentual. 6.5 hp 22'' self propelled mower, handheld blower, and curved shaft weedwacker. mower has never given me problems, blower has been so so, some starting trouble, kinda ruff running. weed wacker has been horrible, leaks black oil out the back, over powered etc etc. today i took everything out, believe it or not weed wacker started on 4th pull!! blower and mower no luck. blower may have been a little low on gas but i think it had enough to atleast start, mower had plenty of gas. i did not winterize or anything like that. mower and blower i did run till it started to snow (leaves) what do u guys do to ur equip at the beginning of the year? i know my blades have to be done, should i take it to a dealer and have him give it a full tune up? should i take all my stuff? lets hope for a good year, cya all later.
    Scottie

2. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

your in the same position is was in last year i am 15 this year i useto buy my trimmer and blower at homedepot and just returned it when it stopped working worked out well my trimmer it was a homlite it leake dblack oil to so i just switched to echo thn i bought a stil handheld blower the mower i would say is take it to a local shp they might give it a try to fix it but u might wnat to put some carberator cleaner in the carberater first

3. stslawncare

from DE

another thing is the mower is about 2.5 years old, and the other stuff is 3 years old

4. stslawncare

from DE

come on guys gotta do better than this!