1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Time to mow?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QCS, Apr 21, 2006.

1. QCS

QCS LawnSite Member

What time do you all begin your work day mowing? I have a couple of accounts that request me to mow after 9:00 a.m. Is that common with you guys? These accounts are residential, commercial there are not any issues. Thanks!
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

a little on the late side IMO for residential but, maybe they work late or something and wake up late......i don't know, i can start mine as early as 7 am
  3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I am usually cutting by around 9 am.
  4. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

me just when ever i get going.cut grave yard and they dont care what time.
  5. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

6. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had one request to not come before 11:00 am..
  7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well I've done all sorts of different things. But as of right now this year, I don't get to any residential accounts before 10am and I have only been hung out until dark twice so far cutting residentials.

But as always, this is subject to change. I do always ask the prospect about themselves and their neighbors during the interview though. If there are time restraints associated with a property, I tell them I will try to do my best to accomidate (and I really do try my best). If the timing issue is a tight constraint I either price accordingly or decline the opportunity if I know I'm not going to be able to guarantee it.

I currently have some commercial sites with "timing" restraints, some of them pretty specific, and they are subject to shifts/changes/rotations as things change at the sites over the course of the season. I have agreed to meet these restraints... but they pay a PREMIUM for this option... as I have to allow for accomidation and go through the trouble of shuffling shedules when need be.
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

9a is the earliest I start on my first yard.

Always too much dew and bs with the noise levels before that.
  9. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

i just do this parttime and is my first season. but what is the latest time you mow till on residentials, iwas thinking 7pm