1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Time to put the leaf box on!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by FerrisDiesel, Oct 12, 2012.

1. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes LawnSite Member
    from NH

You'll be happy to have the vac on the front. We've been running them like that since 97. I like the chevy too. I used to have one that looked the same. Good luck with the setup.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. wilsonsground

wilsonsground LawnSite Member

Thanks man. I use to work for Spaulding outdoor, I see your trucks all over the place.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

solid one that hinges from the top, think of tri axle dump trucks, that's how they do it, that's the best way for a door to go....i will be building a box once i get my own 4x4 dump truck which should be before i have to actually use my leaf loader, which snapped a crank last november about a week or so after i bought it, but the few times i used it, it worked awesome.

4. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes LawnSite Member
    from NH

Ya we are all over. S. NH, Seacoast, and N. MA. We Are getting our Leaf vac and box on tomorrow.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. FerrisDiesel

FerrisDiesel LawnSite Senior Member

I feel like the leaves started falling early this year, or maybe it's just been a while since they have started falling on time lol I don't think I started doing clean-ups until the end of November last year because it was so warm!

6. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

Wahoo, it's on!

7. FerrisDiesel

FerrisDiesel LawnSite Senior Member

I like it! How does the mesh work on the back? I was thinking I might try that this year? Also, does the box going over the cab protector make a difference? Do leaves actually make it up there?

8. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

The mesh does work on the back, I actually moved it to the inside of the tailgate to stop the blowout. Yep the chute actually hits halfway into the box up top and half onto the metal dump part.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Bean5912

Bean5912 LawnSite Member

i have a 6 ft bed on my truck, how high above the cab can i go with building a box before it becomes a major wind catcher lol. is there anywhere local where i can pick up the mesh for the top? i dont have a leaf vac yet but someone local is selling a hitch mount set up.. they said its either 8.5 or 11.5 hp... they are asking 600 for it.. is that ok to start out for my first season? maybe a couple season till i can pick up one a little bigger?

10. mlavin73

mlavin73 LawnSite Member

I like that setup Pressedun. I currently have a leaf vac set up on my dump trailer with raised sides. It works great but, I cannot bring any mowers with me. Maybe next year I will buy an open trailer and mount my vacuum to it and build a box on top of my dump insert. Then I could bring the mower and push blower. I usually work alone and only have one truck so I do lots of swapping with trailers.