1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Time to put the leaf box on!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by FerrisDiesel, Oct 12, 2012.

1. MaloneyLandscaping

MaloneyLandscaping LawnSite Member

Just put mine on on sunday. Built it light and cheap. Second season with it on. Did not have any complaints last yr. here is a link to my post with pictures
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=364339

2. Bean5912

Bean5912 LawnSite Member

thanks. i have an 18 ft open trailer, i custom made a "toolbox" with square stock and mesh with 2 lids. i put all of my tools in it and lock it. i am currently turning 6.5ft of it into a leaf box. basically 7x7x7 lol. the rest of the trailer is free to load my 52 z on it. i have room under the basket of tools to place blowers and gas cans.. looking at a vac and there will be plenty of room to mount it on the tongue, and i can switch the hose between the truck and trailer.

3. Bean5912

Bean5912 LawnSite Member

how does your 11hp loader work? im looking at either an 8.5 or 11.. the person wasnt sure.. but they only wanted 600 for it.. its my first fall season full time..

4. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

hey preston how much was that dump insert dually?
    how many mpgs does it get?

5. Bean5912

Bean5912 LawnSite Member

Maloney, does that box sticking up that tall cause issues with wind??

6. jdo150

jdo150 LawnSite Member

We have a 11hp and it worked great till the motor took a dump
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Not quite sure what you're asking... it's a dump cab and chassis, gets bout 6.5 MPGs and the truck was $20,000 bout 6 months ago.

8. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks man, my first year with a leaf loader, knew I had to bring the mower along while doing clean ups so trailer mounted was the only way to go.

9. MaloneyLandscaping

No not really. I have 4 cross supports on the top that keep it tight. But i also dont really go on the highway at all. Most of my driving is local. I have brought it on the highway a few times and it was fine though

10. MaloneyLandscaping

This is my 3rd season with the 11hp. It is an LCT engine which is a knockoff of a honda. It suits my needs and sure beats tarps. It does clog a little from time to time but it is very efficient and works for the small operation I have. I got a good deal on it and it was paid for within a few cleanups. I would love to upgrade to a 16hp little wonder some day but for know it does the job and makes the $$