time to replace my backpack blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassmasterswilson, Nov 27, 2007.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

need to replace a stihl br 420 and was thinking the br 600. What would you guys get? shindowa? red maxx?

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

everyone has their brands...we run echo pb620...have 3 of them and they are great blowers

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I work on the grounds crew at my school and we run Stihl BR420's. They're good enough for what we do (blowing off sidewalks and blowing trash at the stadium) but they're not powerful enough for the big leaf job. I've never used a br600, but if you have good dealer support with your current stihl, I've rarely heard anything negative about the br600.

Stihl, Echo, Redmax, and Shindawia are comparable with their quality of blowers. I'd go with the best dealer support, IMO.

4. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

I second the ECHO brand as well. We run the 751 they work well. Then we have our three wheeler billy goat blowers as well. :waving:

5. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the echos 751 and 650 they work great!

6. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

we just got another br600. before we went and got the new br600 we questioned if we should get a redmax or shindaiwa. but we ended up with another stihl and love it! its light, alot more powerful then the echo 751. with the stihl cant even feel its on your back, the echo on the other hand vibrates the crap out of you and weighs a ton. but like what was said before, dealer support is something to consider.

7. Quintin Chappell

Quintin Chappell LawnSite Member

I will swear by the shindowa eb650 blower and the t260 edgers but I do not like the weedeater that shindowa markets. Stihl weedeaters are the best bar none. FS250 are heavy but they will out last anyting.

8. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a redmax 7001 and love it, it replaced a br420 that was stolen. i've heard good things on here about the br600.

i don't like stihl trimmers.. had an fs80 that blew up and an fc85 edger (same engine on both).

9. phntmfoot

phntmfoot LawnSite Member

Depends on what you're looking to do with it. if you have any large parking lots to do, Redmax is the way to go. It cant be touched on power by the other brands.

10. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd get another br600. I'm thinking of getting one for '08. Aren't they supposed to use WAY less fuel, and be quieter as well?