Time to stock up for the year

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by JimMarshall, Mar 21, 2013.

1. JimMarshall

JimMarshall LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW PA

Just ordered some parts for stock here at the shop. Air filters, spark plugs, oil filters, etc. Almost $1200. Dang that hurt!:hammerhead:

2. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I feel your pain. Inventory control is crucial.

3. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

4. JimMarshall

from NW PA

Really painful part is that is only enough to do a pre-season service on everything.

5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

My backups are all in perfect condition and may get alot of use this year. I need to purchase about 800$ worth of stuff, but I also need some income.

6. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

I just dropped a few hundred on a parts and maintenance order. A larger order through jacksmallengine and a smaller one at mowpart. Tough time of year for sure; truck insurance, liability insurance and some other things all hit this month. Smooth sailing once the season starts. Doing snow removal really helped get through the winter.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. 123hotdog

123hotdog LawnSite Senior Member

I place my big fall orders @ Pat's Small Engines online. No tax unless in Minnesota. Orders over $300 get a 5% discount. Only thing is usually takes seven to ten days to get it. I have ordered from them for years. They got a ton of replacement parts. All orders are $7.95 for shipping regardless of size or weight of order.

8. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, but it pays off in the long run.

9. JimMarshall

from NW PA

I pay my insurance monthly. It would be one hell of an outlay to pay in one payment.

10. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I made one big order a couple of years ago. Now I stay on top of it and don't let the supplies get depleted. I reorder when it is cost effective, I don't just order 1 filter or a set of blades here and there I try and group them into several orders throughout the year instead of one huge order. One thing that helps me is down here we never stop just slow down in the winter but the billing stays the same or more.