Time to switch gears.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, Sep 15, 2007.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Woke up to 24 degrees this morning (F, not C). Things will be changing here pretty quick. Crabgrass will be dead now, leaves will be changing / faling, pretty much start going to a 10 day schedule....

Although, forcast for next Monday / Tuesday says highs in the mid-80s to almost 90.

Just thought I'd put this out there, for you guys that are getting burnt out, not too much longer and you'll be able to walk away from the grass, if only for a month or two................

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Holy cow, LwnmwrMan.

That same cold front is going to bring us some frigid highs in the 70's tomorrow. The lows will be down in the 50's.

But hey, last night we received a few inches of rain from the same front mixing with former Tropical Storm Humberto. It was extremely much needed.:)

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

24 Jeremy???!!! Sounds like ya better get the plow ready. :laugh:

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Its cold and wet here too. Its in the high 40's maybe low 50's. Soooooooo tired of mowing, want to use our new leaf loader just for something different!lol

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Yah, there were snow showers about 3 hours north of me the other day.

Crappy part is, they're calling for highs of 90 come Tuesday. :dizzy:

6. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

I am just glad is not 100.....The rains from the Trop. Storm was great....You can see the difference already in the lawns....amazing how fast bermuda will start growing with a 1in or more of rain....My lawn kid you not was burnt really bad from not watering and having tons of fert down....i swear my lawn is green now.....still a few brown spots, but I am sure by morning it will be even greener since I am watering now....