Time to talk tool boxes

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Deori, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Deori

Deori LawnSite Member

Another question. I used self-tapping screws to secure my current toolbox into my old truck. Is there any good way of securing a toolbox without drilling into the sides? I read on another forum where one guy said that he uses double sided 3m tape and that it holds it so securely that he needs to use a floor jack to remove it. The idea of taping it makes me a little nervous though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldnt do it. A guy that i know. He taped his and were riding around the woods and hit a bump and we had the tailgate down. Needless to say his toobox about hit the ground.

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

They make toolbox mounting kits and they make a bolt that is the shape of a "J" that works well..

If I was gonna buy a toolbox for my personal truck it'd be a Cam-locker. Very quality tool box. Price tag is to high to work out of though, in my opinion.

UWS makes a quality box with out the large price tag. I've got three.

And the only way I'll buy a weatherguard toolbox is if I need some kind of specialty box (underbody boxes, etc) They are just to overpriced to beat up and throw things at.

4. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Weather guard and delta pro make good toolboxes. The j hooks work well for installation. My current box is attached into the stake front stake pockets using the hardware from my cab guard. It makes for a very solid mount.

5. smitty's lawncare

smitty's lawncare LawnSite Member

kobalt is junk. mine has been broken into numerous times because the latches are so light duty. my keys have twisted off and its just a p.o.s stay away from kobalt. weatherguard is the way to go

6. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

weather guard spend the money once it will last a long time

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

No clue what brand my tool box is, it came with my transfer tank when i bought it on craigslist. Tool box works great, fits over the l portion of my tank. I would love to get a Jobox to put in bed my truck and one on my gooseneck trailer.

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device