Time to think before speak

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grass-Buster, May 26, 2005.

1. Grass-Buster

Grass-Buster LawnSite Member
    from Pa.

OK this stem's from another discussion ,

We have some bashing craftsman mowers ,

OK How many times have i seen folk's Just totaly Throw fits over Craftsman mower's , But Brag on how damn good their Husquavarna Mower is

Their the same freaking mower folk's

Sit and beller about how much junk a MTD is . well then they go and buy a Cubcadet whoaaaaaa stop that wagon Cubcadet has been built by MTD for what over 15 year's

Jump up and down hoop and holler about Yanmar they would not buy that junk .

But then they go out and spend 10-15 grand on a John Deere . Hold that Wagon in place again dont let that horse flinch...

John deere Diesel's Compact tractor's as in 455 Is a YANMAR.

MTD List

Troy bilt
    Cubcadet
    White
    Cub Cadet comercial
    Bolens
    Yardman

AYP List

Craftsman
    Husquavarna
    Poluan Mowers

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Usually the bashing of crapsmans is from us guys that are comm'l cutter with real comm'l equipment. Not any of that you have listed. You just compared garden tractor to garden tractor.

You need to take the cub cabet comm'l out of the list if you are really talking about their comm'l line. The Tank is a very well built machine and doesn't compare to the others listed.

3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Very true!!!!!

4. SunSwept

SunSwept LawnSite Member

Make a trip to Greenville, SC and you will see where many brands are built ... all in the same factory. Take a trip to Anderson, SC and you will really see something weird: This factory makes refrigerators ... 7000 per day ... and slaps the Kenmore, Hotpoint, Whirlpool and other names on them. Outside is a rather large test area. A couple of times per month the folks from Greenville load up mowers that they make AND mowers that they have purchased from the competition and they TEST them in this field that looks to be the size of maybe 4 or 5 football fields.

Like I've said before: my blades go round and round just like yours do.

5. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

All I want to know is who really makes those AWESOME Murray brand mowers. Those things rock. And they are cheap too. Give me a Murray and I show all of you how to cut some grass....

6. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I started my business with a Yard Man mower, a Ryobi trimmer and a Ryobi blower/vac from the back of a Honda Accord station wagon. Everything lasted more than the first fall I was in business. I did not replace any equipment till the following summer. I started in September.

I've actually been thinking about getting another vac with the shoulder bag for cleaning up after lightly trimming bushes in mulched beds. As opposed to raking out the clippings and taking mulch with the debris.

7. SunSwept

SunSwept LawnSite Member

Don't know if you are kidding or not BUT I want to say that I started cutting with a 14-year old 21" Murray push mower. Back then I thought that I had done something grand if I could finish 4 lawns in one day!!!

That Murray STILL works though I rarely use it now.

8. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

I was joking. I used a Murray as a kid to cut the grass in my neighborhood. We stored that thing under a bush in our yard for years, through winter and everything. Always ran fine up until I left home. It was a tough one, anyway.
    Seriously though, who makes Murrays? I have actually considered a 26" Yard King to take care of a few narrowly gated backyards. Who makes 'em?

9. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Howdy, mine was a "Murray-Mulcher", w/ a 5hp, started on the 1st pull, never had to worry about those clippings, and it cost $125.00, I ramped that into my old Ford, while all the other "LCO'S" were hauling trailers.......it was "Great" in the fall as well, easily handled the 1st 2-3wks before I needed to bag those leaves.........."Man those were the Day's", my next was the "Troybilt" 32" mulcher, [though under powered at 8hp] and was no-match for those brass sprinkler heads........I cut for 3yrs till I had enough accounts to drop the mowing all together..........."Fond Memories"....... :rolleyes: payup

10. yote

yote LawnSite Member

haha, my grandpa bought a murray riding mower a couple of years back... the thing mows like crap even with new blades... you'd think he was putting the blades on upside down it looks so bad

he swears that he levels the deck on flat concrete and in order for the mower to mow level he has to have the left side an inch higher than the right