Timers won't stop

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by GreenthumbGA, Apr 4, 2008.

1. GreenthumbGA

GreenthumbGA LawnSite Member

Got a couple of timers that will not stop once it starts cycling. My clients say it will come on and keep going. ANy I deas....

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

If it is a pro,c , thances are there are several start times entered. For some reason thats the #1 programming mistake homeowners make with that clock. They seem to think every zone needs a start time.
    Or start times are entered into multiple programs.

3. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

need more info

could be :

bad valve
    bad controller
    phantom program

But it sounds like a stuck valve..

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

cappy, snowing there?Ya know it is here , seeing we got a add on sceduled

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

LOL Just pouring like a SOB!

i checked the doppler and looks like you boys up there are still a little colder than us ocean folk..

how was the week for you AI? do your troops work on Saturdays?

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

The boys do startups on Saturdays. I sell in the AM then will do stuff that busted their brain cells during the week after.Did an install tuesday, rest of the week was mostly sceduling and some last minute running around .

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

We did some reconstruction wire tracing and turn on's for our well customers.

we are about a week behind...but with the lull in work thats ok..

There has been talks of the Hoss switching me over to the landscape side if things really slow down.I don't mid doing that stuff..but everyday is another story..

I put out 2 estimates this past week and the common word i hear is Budget..Lowest bidder...We got a guy here on cape that drilled down 600 feet to find water of his Argentiain (SP) well...

Wana see a video of me changing out a head?

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

9. CAPT Stream Rotar

This really sucks cause now up north here i can nail competitive prices with poly pipe well or town water..With the economy here on a downward spiral its really hard to get new installs around here... People are still going with the "NO ESPEAKA" workers...

Oh well ill be servicing it a few years anyway.

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I talked with one of my big landscape customers yesterday and they are a little nervous. Their designer/architect positions don't have much to do right now. Some of their longtime "out of country" workers that have just come back from the winter are finding they do not have foreman jobs any more. They have also put service/production managers back in the field.

I am a little nervous, but mainly with the weather delaying our season start up. So everybody will call in a smaller condensed time wanting things done now. I think our growth in number of customers will be small as we concentrate on existing customers.