1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Times when you say, REALLY?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by wegomow, Jan 26, 2013.

1. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Had a similar issue. A new client (an elderly woman) needed a spring clean up. As I was saddling up the back pack to blow off the sidewalks she comes running (ok hobbling) out with a broom. Says " I don't want anybody blowing all that dust around". We parted ways. Things must have been different back in her day.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. v6rs97

v6rs97 LawnSite Member

I had a client last year. Complained his last guy didn't cut behind the pool filter, shed or weed one small front garden. Made it a point to get that done every week. Even hit all weeds on the walk and patio. Kept this years renewal same price.... drove past and he got someone else.... really?
  3. C & T Landscaping

C & T Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Around here the landfill or as they call it 'convenience center' takes the leaves, branches...yard waste and shreds it up and mixes it up. Then, they allow the public to come in and have it for mulch/compost.
  4. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Just read this whole thread, these are great. Fortunately I don't have anything to add!!
  5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Yea, I love people that use this crap and can't understand why every weed in creation grows from it. Luckily my county burns it to help eradicate the invasive Brazilian Peppers.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. C & T Landscaping

Yeap, never have used it. My sister asked me about it before and I told her it's not gunna be any good. Luckly for me...I have a huge field where I drop all yard waste off and let it decompose.
  7. Tizzy

Tizzy LawnSite Senior Member

we take care of a property for an older couple and the wife has a rose garden out back that she tinkers with (we are not allowed to touch it). well the husband hates it and every week he tells us how much he wants to rip them out.

well about 2 weeks ago he asks if i can get him some weed killer for the poison ivy in the woods so i pick up a 2.5 gallon jug of prosecutor from lesco and give it to him last week. he takes it walks over and dumped the whole thing of concentrate in the rose garden right in front of us. it was the funniest thing ive ever seen. needless to say im curious to see what it looks like this week. the whole back yard has to be dead by now.
  8. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

9. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

OMG I can't begin to top that :laugh:
  10. C & T Landscaping

Seems he may be ready for a divorce now lmao