Times when you say, REALLY?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by wegomow, Jan 26, 2013.

1. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

One day I didn't get the trailer locked on the hitch and it came off at an intersection. ( thankfully I used chains like your supposed to) In the middle of trying to fix my new problem of having a fully loaded trailer on the ground in the intersection, a lady come out from her house to ask if I could give her an estimate. "Um, in a minute mam, I have to take care of this first!" She turned out to be a customer, and just as fruity as I had figured. Didn't last long.

2. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

This won't top the charts on here, but I spotted this today. Apparently I'm growing weeds in the back of my truck now. I think it's time to clean out the back end again :laugh:

[​IMG]

3. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Good god man, this post is giving me nightmares. Lol. Do they propogate honeysuckle too?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i had weeds growing in the sides of my trailer down in the cracks. i sprayed them with roundup. :laugh:

5. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

Glad to hear it's not just me. Lol

6. bjack312

bjack312 LawnSite Member

I have this one crazy old lady that I have done mowing and landscaping for forever. Everything that I plant seems to die in short order.

She claims that the neighborhood cats pee on them and kill them. But she feeds the neighborhood cats so they will kill the non-existent moles that are digging up her yard.

Reality is that poisons all of her plants with lethal doses of miracle-gro.

Saddest part is that she's my mom, and I have to keep working for her!

7. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Had a customer call and complain about a bill for mowing her property. She called me and her exact words were, "Andrew i don't know of this bill is correct. It says you cut the grass this week but I'm not so sure. It looks shorter but I am pretty sure that is just the cold snap we had." Why i do t like pay per mows
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

Had one customer ask me to blow leaves back onto neighbors lawn rather than bag them up. She claimed since the leaves fell from the neighbors tree they were trespassing on her lawn.....

9. bmxerss

bmxerss LawnSite Member

I had to clear about 300 feet of poison ivy out of a tree. The worst part was it was dry and dusty.

10. Toro 455

Toro 455 LawnSite Member

It didn't come from a customer. It was when Richard Martin posted about someone trying to give him a couple of $12 accounts.

Really??? $12 accounts????