1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

timing controls

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Dirt Boy, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Dirt Boy

Dirt Boy LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious of what all you use to control your lighting.

Need Dusk on and a timed off, IOW's: On at dusk, off at 12:00 PM

I see the "Intermatic" astronomic digital timer, would work fine, just curious what others use.

Thanks

2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

I highly recommend that Aube (Honeywell) Ti035 digital astro timer... Simple, effective and stands up to harsh conditions when installed inside outdoor transformer enclosures. The same cannot be said for the Intermatic line of timers.

3. Dirt Boy

Dirt Boy LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, can you point me to a source? All I come up with is just an outlet, really not interested in changing the transformer outlet.

Thanks

4. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

5. drewguy

drewguy LawnSite Member
    from D.C.

I use one of these (well, two):

http://yourhome.honeywell.com/home/Products/Timers+and+Switches/Switches/

Available on Amazon among other places. I believe they're essentially the same as the Aube.

Pretty easy to program, and once set you're set - on/off at set times or at dusk/dawn +/- differential based on location calculations. You may have to think a bit about the programming if you want different times each day because IIRC it allows only 7 on and 7 off points (which is a problem if you want both morning and evening on/off.)