Timing with flyers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnranger44, Feb 28, 2005.

1. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in college now and spring break is next week. I've been planning on handing out flyers all week. However, we're currently getting a HUGE snowstorm and it looks like there is gonna be snow on the ground next week.

2 questions:
    1. How badly will this affect my response rate?
    2. What if I put some kind of witty slogan such as "The snow won't be here forever, think ahead and call KW Lawnrangers" ?

2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't waste your time .
    Wait till spring breaks .

3. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not sure I agree with Arizona. While it's true that some will lose the flyer, it's also true that if spring needs more than another week or two, you can always hit those homes with more flyers, which will do some really nice things for your response rate.

Another thing to consider is this: Sometimes your flyers need a call to action, such as calling you by such-and-such a date if they want a $20-discount off their first month's bill. People will hold onto a flyer like that, especially if it's only a matter of two or three weeks.

4. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

I put out 700 flyers last thrusday. Well we had the big snow last night and this morning. Lots of snow on ground. I have recieved 3 calls so far from those fliers and gonna put out probably 1000 more later in the week. And I have landed 2 out of the 3 also.

Put them out, companies are sending out renewal agreements and contracts now or already did.

Wait another couple weeks and hit some of the ones u already did again.