Timmer Starting Problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wagner17, May 30, 2005.

1. wagner17

wagner17 LawnSite Member

I have a RedMax BCZ2600S trimmer - bought it in November, but started using it in March. I know that it is under warranty, but my dealer is a good 45 minutes away and wanted to see if there is anything that I could do to fix it before going in.

I used to have no problem starting it up. Now it will "turn over" briefly (about 1-2 seconds) and then die. I am doing nothing differently to it. At a job the other day it fell off the trailer (about a 3 1/2 foot drop), but I see nothing loose or jarred upon inspection. Does anyone have any ideas on what it might be? Let me know.

Thanks.

2. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have one. Take it back to the dealer. It fell and could have screwed up the choke or carb setting...or this or that.....who knows? Trying to diagnost problems like this one over the internet is:dizzy: .

3. aees115

aees115 LawnSite Member

same thing happened to me. u probable pushed the intake in. you may need a new screw or intake.

4. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

happend to me the other week. dropped trimmer, start but wouldn't run. checked it out and the spark plug was broke in half.

5. wagner17

wagner17 LawnSite Member

Yep, it was the spark plug - broken in half!

Thanks!

6. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

Amazing! The power of the internet, to diagnose and solve an equipment problem from hundreds of miles away!