1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

timmer traps

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sgreanbean, Mar 24, 2001.

1. sgreanbean

sgreanbean LawnSite Member
    from cal

hey guys im looking for websites for trimmer traps or other brands and do they work well for you?
  2. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

I love my Trimmer Trap.......Wished I would have bought it sooner.....You won't go wrong I promise
  3. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

I have the back back holder and the water jug holder and like them both. I used a differnt kind of rack for my trimmers and edgers but cant remember the name of em now. It is a great thing to have. It keeps your equipment running longer and better. Piling your equipment into the back of a grass filled truck, or in with your mower as it bounces down the road is not a good thing. Plus you can LOCK up your equipment. I would say to pay special attention to this part. Read the thread about stolen equipment. You will hate it when it happens to you. It seems most likey that it will be when you are at your favorite customers house and replanting some small bush in her back yard for her because she is too old and cant do it. Boy will her ears ring when you find that your equipment is gond. Good luck on your choices.
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i have a 2 place line trimmer holder and a stihl backpack rack from trimmertrap. havent had a problem at all. very good product.
  5. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

We use Trimmertrap brand holders for backpack blowers and trimmers/stickedgers. They keep the equipment safe, out of the way, so crews won't run them over. Our mechanic also welded a trimmertrap in the back of his utility body. They are extremely versatile, whether you mount them in an enclosed trailer or on a flatbed, or weld it to your truck body. You won't lose the equipment either as the blower rack has a spring clip and the trimmer rack has a sliding "clip" to hold onto the equipment.
  6. Bam, Mahalo! (thanks)

I have a Trap (bought from Northern),but when I got it and looked it over I was concerned whether it would attach to my mini truck using the supplied bolts/nuts. It would be difficult process going that route so your post on welding seems like a better approach! How come I did'nt think of that?

Goes to show you that reading Lawnsite pays off bigtime! And that no question is dumb to ask and responding back takes effort on our part, but the net effect is that many will benefit!

Now, I just need a good buddy welder to help out!

Aloha, Kevin
  7. sgreanbean

sgreanbean LawnSite Member
    from cal

thanks all, last year one of my guys ripped the side of my 24' eclosed! so now i have all opens! and were putting the trimmers in the back of the trucks, did not like it!
  8. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

Can you lock the blower into the holder or is it just straaped in it? Looks like if ya cant lock it your just advertising your blower to the thieves?

9. The backpack holder uses locking device on top. Just drop the blower into the springlatch and its lock holes line up to install lock. Need key lock system w same key per lock.
    Got to get mine installed if only can break away from work!
    No fool proof system, if the perp wants it they can find a way. This helps most situations though and it keeps you organized. Just don't leave vehicle unattented in the more seedier parts.

Hope this helps.

Aloha, P.Y.S.