tine rake on Lesco

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PaulJ, Apr 3, 2003.

1. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is a couple picures of a Snapper Thaterizer mounted on the front of my Lesco 36"

I had a welder make a mount for it last spring and use it with my cleanups to comb out the trurf. Works well for a lot less $$ than a JRCO.

photo5003.jpg

2. PaulJ

Here it is in the transport position or if I just want to mow without it to clean up on the last pass around the perimiter.

It also comes completly off very quickly. plus the stripes look great.

photo5004.jpg

3. PaulJ

Heres the mower without the tine rake. Just the jungle wheels and grass gobbler.

photo3005.jpg

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Hey Paul, that's pretty cool. How wide is it? Work pretty good?

5. PaulJ

I think the tine rake is from a 30-33" Snapper Rear engine rider. My dealer had it sitting in a corner and I thought it would fit the 36" mower well. I just overlap my passes a bit. I had to flip the connecting arms over to mount it the way I did, and put a stop on it to keep it from going down to far. (bent the wheel under a couple times, oops). But now I have it working well. took whole pickup load of debris ( I won't call it thatch) from a 10700 sq ft lawn. went over it twice with the tines down and then went around the edges with it up to clean up some leaves and get into the corners better.

I will try to get some pictures of a lawn done like this later.

Probably won't be today. the ground is already wet and it's supposed to rain on and off all day.

I also have a snapper tine rake that goes on my Ariens 21" mower for the small areas.

One thing is a belt drive with a sulky and the tine rake need a bit more room to turn around.

6. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Another choice is afront mount rake from a Sears tractor its

40" wide sells for 110 at sears. Ed

7. PaulJ

Before I found the Snapper one I thought about modifieing a tow behind rake to mount on the front.
    This one works well and was pretty simple to mount.