1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tinted the windows on my truck..

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mow king, Jan 14, 2007.

1. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

The odometer just hit 100,000 last week.

And a quick pic of the Case..
  2. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice! I really like the Case Skidsteer. Hoping to purchase one in the future. -Mitch-
  3. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

That crome grille on the truck isn't original right? Did you install it or did the previous owner do it. That truck looks like a great work horse... maybe you could update the headlamps.
  4. mikes landscaping

mikes landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from kansas

yea, that truck looks like a best. Nice truck
  5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

How do you like the case? foot controls?
  6. mow king

The original owner added the chrome grill...it just had a standard grill originally since its an XL.

The truck is a beast, it's perfect for towing a skidsteer around. I still haven't gotten used to the power, Last week I was in the passing lane towing a skidsteer going with the flow of traffic, I looked down and was doing 90mph. It's sneaky fast.

I buy and sell skid steers on the side (works hand in hand with the main business). I have only put about 50 hours on cases, overall I think they're a really heavy duty machine and second favorite to Cat for me. This particular one has hand controls - If I only operated one type of machine, then they would be great. However going from operating one kind for a week or two then operating another type can makes things difficult.
  7. MImowerkid

MImowerkid LawnSite Member

beautiful!I want it ! what percent is that ? Is the windshield done? I have 17%all around and 54% on the windshield.
  8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

that is a NICE truck! Can't believe that's got 100,000 on it.

I need to get my windows tinted in my Dodge work truck too. Just makes a huge difference on cab temps in the summer... On the other hand, I keep the windows down when it's hot out, then roll them back up when I travel and crank the a/c. Wow, I talked myself out of window tinting fast huh? lol
  9. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

that tinting would be illegal here in NJ.
  10. mow king

I have 20% on the back, 35% on the sides, none on the windshield.

Technically it's illegal in Ohio. You can have any tint on the rear window and rear side windows (On a 4 door car/truck) and 50% on front windows.

However I've had this setup on my car for 3yrs and have never been hassled once, so I'm not too concerned.

When I bought the truck with 98k miles on it, my friends thought it was brand new when they first saw it.