Tints

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by magicmike, Feb 25, 2013.

1. magicmike

magicmike LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a 2013 ram and I am gonna use it for work and personal. What do you guys think about tinting the front windows on the truck? Does it look shady? I wouldn't do a dark tint just to keep the sunlight out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

A 30% tint on those side window's will do the job, and it's not too dark. This worked well in Savannah GA. it made a big difference in that hot-ass place. It cost about $75 a side and the tint plastic lasted about 9 year's.

3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

In NY there is a tint limit for cars/trucks.

The § 375 (12-a)(b)(2) of the Vehicle and Traffic Law requires that side windows, both front and back, cannot be covered by a window tint film that allows "light transmittance" of less than 70 percent. This means that some degree of aftermarket window tinting is permitted. As long as the window tint film allows 70 percent of visible light to pass through the film and the window glass, your windows do not violate the law.
    If you choose to tint your windows, New York State does not ban any tint color; however, the tint cannot reflective light or appear metallic or mirrored. Additionally, if you bring your vehicle to a company who performs aftermarket tinting work, under Vehicle and Traffic Law § 375 (12-a)(d), there must be a sticker affixed to the window, between the glass and the tinted film, identifying that the tint film is of a legal percentage for New York State.

Read more: New York State Window Tint Laws | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5262688_new-state-window-tint-laws.html#ixzz2LxVEIXTa

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

every vehicle ive owned has had limo tint on all the windows.

5. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Now that's what I'm talkin about Krayz!!!

6. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

35% tint would look good.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Limo tint sounds good Jacob :waving:

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Not an option here in FL. No tint and your interior will suffer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. jsroda

jsroda LawnSite Member

Same here, never thought twice about it. Gets hot as hell in the summers here in Georgia and you need something to protect your truck, fading and cracking on the inside, also some what to keep it cooler.

10. HPSInc

HPSInc LawnSite Senior Member

I black out all windows on personal vehicles and work trucks. NYS can kiss my arse.