Lawn Care Forum banner

Tints

3K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  weeze 
#1 ·
I just got a 2013 ram and I am gonna use it for work and personal. What do you guys think about tinting the front windows on the truck? Does it look shady? I wouldn't do a dark tint just to keep the sunlight out.
Posted via Mobile Device

#3 ·
In NY there is a tint limit for cars/trucks.

The § 375 (12-a)(b)(2) of the Vehicle and Traffic Law requires that side windows, both front and back, cannot be covered by a window tint film that allows "light transmittance" of less than 70 percent. This means that some degree of aftermarket window tinting is permitted. As long as the window tint film allows 70 percent of visible light to pass through the film and the window glass, your windows do not violate the law.
If you choose to tint your windows, New York State does not ban any tint color; however, the tint cannot reflective light or appear metallic or mirrored. Additionally, if you bring your vehicle to a company who performs aftermarket tinting work, under Vehicle and Traffic Law § 375 (12-a)(d), there must be a sticker affixed to the window, between the glass and the tinted film, identifying that the tint film is of a legal percentage for New York State.

Read more: New York State Window Tint Laws | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5262688_new-state-window-tint-laws.html#ixzz2LxVEIXTa

#9 ·
every vehicle ive owned has had limo tint on all the windows.
Same here, never thought twice about it. Gets hot as hell in the summers here in Georgia and you need something to protect your truck, fading and cracking on the inside, also some what to keep it cooler.

#12 ·
I just got tints on my work truck...i like them so far the only problem is when I plow snow at night I have to roll my windows down in order to see my mirrors...I usually plow with the windows down so it isn't too much of an issue
Posted via Mobile Device

#13 ·
Everything i own has tint. I usually put 30%, it is not legal in Nohio but they are preety cool about it in most city's. My excursion has limo tint on the front doors and i hjave never been messed with. NY and there laws make me not to even want to visit that place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.