TINY Dixie Chopper!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SLS, Feb 20, 2003.

1. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

2. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

I have all three of the DC die cast zinc models. They are 1/16 scale. I got several from my dealer rep and one when I visited the DC factory. The box says they are a "limited production collectors series".

3. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Id hang on to those, your kids might get a good price on ebay 49yrs from now....looks like little dixie paper weights........Marks Mowing Service

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That is really neat! I have a few of the Gravely miniatures but the chopper looks much more detailed.

Gravely_Man

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

That looks like the Chinook Jet Engine one. Most of the other DC's that I've seen on eBay were a lot smaller, like a Matchbox car.

6. LANDGUARD

LANDGUARD LawnSite Member

That thing went for $ 91.00 !!WOW!! am I missing something or are these like super collectibles or something?

7. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

I guess they are worth whatever someone is willing to pay ?.? Then again, I guess that applies to just about everything. Sure is a neat item for collection! My aunt and uncle are BIG TIME John Deere collectors... everything from vintage farm equipment to miniature things, ( JOHN DEERE STEAK! ), to the newest pieces of equipment in their tractor line, etc., etc.... I'm not sure about the DC collectors market but some of those JD items are worth a LOT of $$.

8. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Wow! I have one of those dixie chopper models! Its about six inches long, pretty heavy. I am gonna sell it!
    I love ebay, I put an autographed picture of "Sweet" Lou Dunbar (funniest guy on the Harlem Globetrotters, he might be retired now) and it sold for $150. I was very pleased! If you got junk, try to sell it there, you would be amazed what people will pay for things! Its well worth the hassle, provided its not absolute junk your trying to sell. Even then, i am sure you could find some idiot willing to buy it.....

:cool:

9. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Thanks for the replies, guys.

It is quite a bit larger than the Matchbox versions according to the description.

From the pic's it looks like it may have a gas engine like a RC model. I'll ask my uncle more about it one he receives it.

Yeah, he collects DC's...he is a LCO up in southern Michigan and he has about 8 of the real ones in his business.

I guess he's decided to take on some small lots and hire Mini-Me now thats he's back on the bottle.. :p

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You can call the factory and they'll sell you one for about half of that price (plus shipping). I also have the Walker ZTR and it is really nice. Very detailed. The Dixie diecast is about as detailed as a Matchbox car.