1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

tiny planting jobs

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by fga, Aug 13, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

anyone else enjoy tiny planting jobs? make $3oo for about 2 hours work? this is a small one i did today... nothing dramatic, just some perrenials and some small evergeens, and low voltage lighting, and the brick wall edging....
  2. fga

this is about 2 hours later. it would have been sooner but the lights were difficult to wire up neing that they ar double lights on each base...
  3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Looks like a different place, nice work.
  4. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i like that nice and clean
  5. fga

i tried to get a picture last night with the lihgts on but it was raining...... look really nice though being highligted with the color bulbs.
  6. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't see the Garden Gnome in the after. Did he pick up a job with Travelocity?

Seriously, it makes a good follow up to the thread on using $250 in plant materials to improve a site. There is no question that it is a dramatic improvement.
  7. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Nice job FGA. I finished a planting a couple of days ago. I wish I had a digital cam.The area is verry much improved and you made a tidy sum of $.I like the lights try again for a night pic.

IMPACT LawnSite Member

Nice job Adam. I would take 20 of these jobs a week over a week long install at one property. How ya been, long time no talk? How's the amigo doin'? LMAO..:D
  9. fga

bill, i didn't realize it was you posting here, looks strange with avatar. i love the smaller jobs over the bigger anyday. in and out and by the time amigo is done puting the planting he ground, i'm ready with the hose to start cleaning up! pay the man and send us on our way.
    i don't remember which amigo i had last time we spoke, but this guy i have now, is a machine. best worker i've had in years. he's one of those rare mexi's who don't mind working 4 hours or 12 hours a day, so there's no pressure on me to find work on a slow day. everything runs smooth..