Tiny Tach finally arrived

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MikeLT1Z28, Jun 6, 2004.

1. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

ups dropped it off friday night at about 6:00. i got the model with the resettable hour meter, very nice for resetting for oil changes, keeping up with hours per tank of fuel etc.. reads in mintues until it hits one hour.
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Cool, where did you get it from?
  3. MikeLT1Z28

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I think the one for $37 is the same one I've considered ordeing elsewhere. I had ben holding off because I wasn't sure how it mounted. I wanted to mount where I would be able to safely glance over and check the RPM's any time. Sounds like it can be done.
  5. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Just got my last Tiny Tach Tues. night. (Friend was ordering one for him from Cabelas, anyway)

Just put my old one on another friend's new Lazer CT. (his hour meter went out at 4.6 hrs)

Love the Tiny Tachs !!!
  6. protouchlawn

protouchlawn LawnSite Member

I put one on a new Deere GS-30 about 6 weeks ago and so far it has been fine. You may see a little fogging under the cover on a cool, damp morning but it goes away when it warms up. Maybe it is just mine, but I am pleased with it so far.
  7. MikeLT1Z28

you can either mount it with two sheet metal screws or double sided tape.
  8. my dealer gave me one ...the one has a tach and resetable hour meter..i already had a sendec tach but what the hel i'll take all things free lol.

I used doublesided tape to mount it
  9. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Sooooo, how do you attach the wires from this gizmo to the spark plug leads?

And, with a V twin EFI Kohler, would I attach a wire to both plugs or just one?

Thinkin' about seeing if they can send me one across the pond, I like the idea! not cheap with postage n currency conversion but if they last should still be worth it.

thanks for the help.

oh, oh sensitive one....lol, where did ya mount the tach? pic?
    Can ya show me how you fastened the wires too? for a new age sensitive guy n all odin, you're ok:)
  10. HEY TONY mate ...lucky i caught this thread ..i still got my brothers digidal cam ..but he was comeing tonight to get ...so i went out to the shop and took a couple pic for ya......it not the best location but im a lazy bugger so i just put it on the side of the gas tank lol .