1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tiny-Tach Questions-Help

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Leaves and Lawns, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Leaves and Lawns

Leaves and Lawns LawnSite Member
    from MA$$

This looks like just what i am looking for.any ups or downs about the tiny-tach? this is what i got that i want to keep track of(hour wise)

ECHO PB-65O backpack Blower (2 Stroke)
    Honda GX25 String Trimmer (4 Stroke)
    Craftsman 6.0 B+S Lawn Mower (4 Stroke)

witch tiny-tach would i use for all of them? i think i might be the TT226NR-2C but not to sure.any help would be great. thank again.
  2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

All I can tell you is that my tiny-tach is the best hour meter I,ve ever used. I cant address your specific questions concerning models etc. It is very easy to install.
  3. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

I have had one on a wave-runner for 3 years and still working great. I just bought two more, one for my Honda HRC 216 and for my Exmark TTHP.
    The people at TT can tell you which one you need. Seem to be very nice people, were very helpful to me..:cool:
  4. Jman

Jman LawnSite Member

That is the correct part number you need for all of your units.
  5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Well i hate to be the bad apple,, I have them on 2 of my machines, Both failed, 1 the display malfunctioned and the 2nd just stopped recording, My dealer replaced the 1st one free and I didnt bother him on the 2nd. I thought maybe it was a bad ground but i re checked it and the connection but it doesnt work, All i can say is that they are great when they work and not so great when they dont any help on this would be apreciated if any one has any ideas
  6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Tiny tachs have a lifespan. Battery will die. They are not great if you plan to use them for recording hours. I put them on mowers for the sole purpose of making sure the RPM's stay correct. The throttle cables do stretch on a regular basis and the rpm's do lower. They need to be adjusted a few times a season to keep them at the 3600-3750 range.

One thing that will help the tiny tachs to last longer is to put them were they are out of direct sunlight and water.
  7. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Yep, me too. Needed one when I first set the RPMs (3600) Seems pretty accurate. Had it about 3 years, I think their good for 5. I like them. I just reset the hr. meter after maint.