tiny tach

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by odin, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Anybody else putting a tach on their equipment?I now have a tiny tach on all my major machine's .....my toro's 555 and 557 lazer hp 52 my scag walkbehinds .I put double sided tape on the back and stuck em right on ..They have pretty of wire to work with ..wrap it around the spark plug led about 4 times and your set.

Aunt decided if im gonna put em on my 21 inch mowers yet. I have a sendec tach with alligator clippers im gonna use on it i use on my two cycle equipment . If any of you cant get a tiny tach local at your dealer .You can order right off their site www.tinytach.com.

My opinion all ztr and walkbehinds should come with a tach from the manufacturer.
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Yes, I put one on my Exmark TTHP last spring and its still working fine. I thought about putting one on some of my 2 cycle equipment just to get an idea of how much fuel I use per hour of use and how many hours a week they operate. Basically for job costing reasons.
  3. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

Why are you puuting a tact? :)
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, I put a tiny tach on just about everything.

The reason for putting a tiny tach on is that as a piece of equipment ages the throttle cable stretches and you lose rpm's. You would never know it without a tach. A new machine will lose rpm's a time or two every 100 hours or less.
  5. Also doubles as a nice hour counter on my walkbehind since scag is to cheap to make hour meters standard :D
  6. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, I'd put one one but my machine came with tach & hour meter. Wouldn't want to do without either.
  7. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

8. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

how much do they cost?
  9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I think I usually pay around $40 for them. I get them at my dealer.
  10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Yes, thats what I paid for mine last spring, straight from the manufacturer. It was really weird ordering it. I ordered it online and it never asked for a credit card or anything, so I blew it off and thought I would order another day...or I was thinking they would contact me. Well a few days went by and I received it in the mail with the invoice stating that I owe them the $40. Talk about trustworthy. I dont know anyone who offers a product without payment first.