Tip Of The Day - 1/13/06 - LawnSite Olympics

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Sean Adams, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Instead of the same old trade show, why not create a big competition where many different skills are tested and it is organized in a competitive way.... I'm sure there are quite a few people on this site who think they can mow, trim, edge, prune, build, etc... faster and better than others.... I know this has probably been done on smaller scales elsewhere, but I think it would be interesting and a lot of fun for someone to hoist the trophy or gold medal for "Fastest Load Time of 5 cubic yards of mulch with a Skid Steer into a Dump Truck".... Could even make it a charity thing where a depressed area in need of a cosmetic face-lift gets a freebie from the competitiors....

C'mon, who wouldn't rather have te LawnSite user title "Fastest Trimmer" versus "LawnSite Fanatic"?
  2. randosh4

randosh4 LawnSite Member

Great idea where do we sign up
  3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like an idea in the making
    but faster does not always mean better as you well know
  4. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Your taking this grass mowing to seriously or looking for new ways to promote lawnsite. :laugh:
  5. The Ripper

The Ripper LawnSite Member

Sheshovel you really need to get a new picture that one you use really creeps us all out.
  6. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

All depends on who's skid loader, whether its two speed or not. Etc.

Yea I rather have something else other than broze member. I like the old names. Like lawnsite addict
  7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I prefer CASH payup payup payup schools not cheap and if I have to teach a lesson I would like to be compensated for it :p
  8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I wouldn't mind doing this, heck just going to see it would be a blast
  9. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

when I worked for v.d.o.t we had skills competion every yr w/ a course to run the trucks w/ snow plows on them, a back hoe competion using traffic cones
    a softball and a 1 gallon bucket, also had a rubber tire loader event moving
    pipe thought an obistackle course, now these guys took it seriously !!!!!
    it was fun !!!
  10. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

No Kidding really??LOL!!